Jackson Hole Wyoming Chamber of Commerce: Business
info@jacksonholechamber.com | (307) 733-3316
Doing Business in Jackson Hole

Start-Up, Sustainability, and Success

Whether you are starting a new business or sustaining an existing one we are here to help you succeed!

Top 10 tech trends for 2014: Wearables, 3D printers, mobile money, and more

Business HOT SPOT

Find out what’s hot in the business world when we feature a new innovative e-article, study or video. Click through a few of the links to see if you're in the business HOT SPOT or learn how your can make the latest trends work for your business. 

To find out what fellow Chamber Members are providing businesses to ensure you stay ahead of the game search our Membership Directory.

Down to Business

View our Wyoming Business Resource Table for information on grants, loans, free counseling/training and hot business blogs.
Town of Jackson | Teton County | State of Wyoming | More!

Town of Jackson

  • Town Office: 150 E. Pearl St., Box 1687, Jackson, WY 83001, 307.733.3932.
  • Business Licenses: Required by the town on businesses within the city limits.
  • Zoning Ordinances: A list of ordinances as well as a color-coded map of zones is available at the Town Offices.
  • Inspections: Required at different phases of construction. Any change of an existing business requires an inspection by the Town and Fire Inspector. 307.733.4732.
  • Sign Ordinance: A sign permit is required and there will be a fee. A complete copy of the ordinance is available at the Town Offices.
  • New Construction: Sewage capacity and water capacity fees are charged on newly constructed businesses.

Teton County

  • The Teton County Comprehensive Plan and Land Development Regulations, which include performance standards, are available at the County Planning Office. This serves as a guideline for building standards, zoning restrictions, building heights, parking requirements, setbacks, landscaping requirements, etc.
  • Teton County Planning & Development Office: 200 S. Willow, second floor; Box 1727, Jackson, WY 83001; 307.733.3959, Fax 307.733.4451. This is the main contact for permits and regulations to do with business in Teton County.
  • Public Health Office: 460 E Pearl St.; Box 937; Jackson, WY 83001; 307.733.6401.
  • Business License: Not required, but a "change of use" permit is required in commercial districts if the use is changed and a development permit is required for a home business or other commercial activity and for non-residential development. Approval of permits may take 4 to 6 weeks depending on the use or the size of the development, 307.733.4430.
  • Food Sales: The sale of food items requires a permit from Teton County Environmental Health Office, 307.732.8490, Consumer Health Services, Cheyenne, WY, 307.777.7211.
  • Sign Ordinance: A complete copy of the existing sign ordinance is available at the County Planning Office.
  • Commercial Districts: Maps showing commercial areas in Teton County are available for a fee at the County Planning Office.
  • New Construction: All construction requires a building permit, the cost of which is based on the value of the building construction. Applications are available at the County Building Department. Approval for these permits may take 3 to 4 weeks.
  • Home Base Occupation Permit: Teton County has made allowance for some businesses to be run out of the home in residential areas. A list of businesses that qualify is available at the Planning Office.
  • Large Developments: Approval for large developments must be reviewed by the Planning Commission and sent on to the County Commissioners with the Commission's recommendations. This process takes from 4 to 5 months.
  • Building Contractor Requirements: All building contractors must comply with the State Department of Revenue and Taxation, 307.777.7961, related to their requirements. Non-resident contractors must contact the Deptartment of Employment, Worker's Compensation, 307.777.6763.

State of Wyoming

  • State Sales Tax Licenses: Sales and some services are subject to sales tax and require a sale, and use tax license from the Department of Revenue and Taxation in Cheyenne, 307.777.7961.

More Helpful Resources!