10% Home A special initiative of Keep Your Bucks in Jackson Hole, 10% Home encourages local shoppers to expect big returns from small local investments. The next time you make a shopping list and before you search online or plan a drive out of town, make the effort to keep 10% more home. Your job and future in this valley are certain to benefit from the effort. The following statistics and possibilities are based upon last year's sales tax and revenue numbers.
10% Home Could Provide:
- $2,400,000: At the minimum, this would be the direct economic benefit that would stay right here at home.
- 54 Year Round Jobs for Residents: These would be jobs that could be maintained at a pay rate of $45,000 per year.
- Direct Positive Economic Impact: This is proactive approach to an uncertain economic climate. All we have to do is focus 10% more of our spending at home.
10% Home encourages local residents to begin adjusting their shopping habits by taking advantage of the holiday shopping initiative, SPLURGE. For more information, please contact Rick Howe, Director of Visitor Services, 307.733.3316x114.
Think 10% Home for Special Gifts!
- Everyone gets their hair cut. How about gift certificates from a local hair salon or barber?
- Gym membership? It's appropriate for all ages who are thinking about some health improvement.
- Local Ski, Snowmobile & Activity Vouchers: There is nothing better than the gift of a local outdoor adventure. We live in Winter Paradise; give someone the gift that will provide a long lasting memory. How about a weekend stay at one of our fine lodging properties that may include breakfast or dinner.
- Who wouldn't appreciate getting their car detailed? Small, locally owned detail shops and car washes would love to sell you a gift certificate or a book of gift certificates.
- Perhaps your are one of those more extravagant givers, here are some ideas to help you in the giving spirit. I’ll bet that grateful gift receiver would like his driveway sealed, or lawn mowed for the summer, or driveway plowed all winter, or games at the local golf course.
- There are many wonderful owner-run restaurants -- all offering gift certificates. And, if your intended recipient isn't the fancy eatery sort, what about a half-dozen breakfasts at the local breakfast joint. Remember, this is about supporting our home town residents with their financial lives on the line to keep their doors open.
- How many people couldn't use an oil change for their car, truck or motorcycle, done at a local shop run by locals? How about a lovely certificate from a local book shop?
- Thinking about a heartfelt gift for mom? Mom would LOVE the services of a local cleaning service for a day. How about a manicure or massage from a local spa?
- My computer could use a tune-up, and I KNOW I can find some young entrepreneur who is struggling to get his or her repair business up and running.
- Local gifts from one of our fine retail or crafts stores. How about something handmade that adds that personal touch. They offer and make art, jewelry, pottery and beautiful wooden boxes, just to name a few of the many offerings.
- Plan your holiday outings at local, owner-operated restaurants and leave your server a nice tip. And how about going out to see a play or ballet at your hometown theater. Attend a high school or college recital or theatre production.
- Musicians need love too, so find a venue showcasing local bands, concerts at churches or find a non-profit group that’s performing in the area.
Please click here for more information about SPLURGE!
The Chamber-driven "Keep Your Bucks in Jackson Hole" campaign is an instructive and advertising campaign that aims to:
- Educate consumers on the benefits of buying locally: more jobs, tax revenue that supports our trails, nonprofits, parks, community events, and an overall strengthening of the Valley's economy.
- Educate consumers on the wide range of products available here in Jackson Hole and encourage them to "Think Jackson Hole First" before going outside of our local economy to purchase products.
- Encourage local businesses to patronize local vendors and businesses when possible in recognition that by buying locally they are helping to recycle Jackson Hole dollars through our community and economy.
We encourage Members to browse this site for:
If you are unable to print off any of these materials please contact the Chamber for assistance.