As snow falls, Santa chuckles, and sleigh bells ring, Jackson comes together in the spirit of giving. After all, a large part of the beuaty of the season is bringing to light the importance of giving back to the community you love. So we've compiled a quick list of what YOU can do to make a difference, big or small, during the holidays in Jackson Hole.
- The Jackson Hole Red Kettle Fundraiser, in conjunction with the Salvation Army, is looking for bell-ringers to raise money for those well-known red kettles. Money raised helps fund the needs of Jackson community members. Sign-up here.
- The Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce is looking for “elves” to help with their community holiday event: Santa on the Square. Email Britney@jacksonholechamber.com to get involved.
- Teton County Library Friends are searching for volunteers to help with Winter Wonderland Fun, their free community event on December 21. Apply to volunteer here.
- Jackson Hole Public Art is looking for volunteers to help install signature art pieces for Glow Nights! Email email@example.com.
- One 22 is continuing their “Adopt-A-Family” program giving holiday gifts to those in need. To get involved, call 307-739-4500.
- The First Baptist Church of Jackson Hole hosts an Angel Tree program. Tags with needed gifts hang from a tree in the church’s lobby, and supporters can grab a tag, purchase needed items, and return gifts to the church.
- The Jackson Hole Cupboard is taking food donations, and continually advertising what they need through their website here.
- The Good Samaritan Mission is accepting men’s, women’s, and children clothing that is wearable and in good condition. Clothing can be delivered directly to the rescue mission.
- The Teton County Recycling Center and Jackson’s Road to Zero Waste reminds everyone to be conscious this holiday season. Try to use items that have that more than one-time use, and properly recycle boxes, bags, and gift wrap that can be recycled.
- The Santa Claus Fund’s goal is to give clothes and toys to children of families who are in crisis or considered to be low income. Donate.
- Soroptimist’s 12 Days of Dining allows donors to purchase raffle tickets for $10 each (less when purchased in multiples) to win 12 dining experiences for two at some of the best restaurants in the valley. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Annual Library Benefit is an elegant event that supports the local library. Purchase a ticket here, and enjoy a beautiful event.
- Support local music by attending local holiday concerts. The Jackson Hole Chorale, The Jackson Hole Community Band, Cathedral Voices, and The Jackson Hole Classical Academy all have highly-anticipated events throughout the season.
- Giving back can be as simple as shopping local! The Jackson Hoel Chamber of Commerce encourages you to spend just 10% more money at home during this time, and the Chamber even incentivizes you to do so through Winter Windfall.
We know that giving between the dates of December 1 and December 25 doesn't give you a pass for the rest of the year. So The Community Foundation of Jackson Hole regularly updates local volunteer opportunities throughout the year here, and hosts an entire nonprofit directory here. The holiday season can spark a love or passion for giving that can propel you for 340 days or more!