Along with the cowboys and mountain men, there is a healthy dose of friendly competition.
Director of Special Events, Maureen Murphy, commented, "People in Jackson Hole love a little competition, whether it's related to outdoor adventures, style, or skill. The Old West Days Parade is no exception!"
The Old West Days Parade, the longest-running horse-drawn parade in the west, started Saturday morning with a traveling celebration. It featured veterans, community groups, and entertainers. The Chamber would like to recognize the volunteer judges who had the difficult task of choosing entries to receive special recognition: Matt White with the Wort Hotel, Mollie Flaherty with Dishing, and Renee Leone with the Chamber.
Old West Days Parade Honors
- First Place: American Legion
- Second Place (Tie): Bar T-5 and Bridger Teton National Forest
- Third Place: Jackson Hole Shrine Club
Old West Brew Fest Golden Boot Honors
- Best Brewery: Roadhouse Brewing Company
- Best Beer: Matt's Wyld Ginger Organic Pale Ale from Jackson Hole Brewing Company
Maureen noted, "The Golden Boot has become a status symbol for our participating breweries. The winner has to stand apart from the crowd and impress hundreds of beer lovers."