Going on a ski trip with friends and family but don't ski? Not to worry--here are some great activities to take advantage of when the fam is hitting the slopes.
When at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort...
- Visit Teton Mountain Lodge and Spa and treat yourself to a treatment--don't forget to take advantage of the facilities full access by enjoying a rooftop hot tub soak with a few of the mountains
- Practice your skating skills at the charming ice rink at the resort!
- Sit in the cozy bar area with a book in one hand and a delicious cocktail in the other at Old Yellowstone Garage inside Caldera House
- Hit up Bodega for your first Sloshie!
- Enjoy some retail therapy at Rodeo
- Sit by the fire enjoying small bites and delicious drafts while waiting for the fam at the base at Handle Bar in the Four Seasons Hotel. DJ spinning tunes outside during the season!
When at Snow King...
- Take a ride down the mountain's Cowboy Coaster filled with thrills and beautiful views
- Take a scenic chairlift to the top and get a killer view of the Tetons!
- Go solo or with a friend and tube down the soft steep terrain at the lower mountain
- Grab a beer at Jackson's newest brewery Stillwest, located across the street from the base of the mountain--read here about the new business and amazing outdoor views you'll get to experience!
- Shop till you drop in Jackson's Historic Town Square
- Grab a bite to eat at Hayden's Post located in Snow King Hotel or at King's Grill located on the mountain
View a live webcam of Snow King here
When at Grand Targhee Resort...
- Go tubing down the multiple access runs on the mountain
- Downhill not your thing? Try Nordic Skiing!
- Snowshoe with beautiful views of the Tetons
- Want to release some tension? Choose from a full range of massage services
- Try the famous "Wydaho Nachos" while sipping on delicious draft beers from Trap Bar & Grill
- Shop for some stylish winter gear at Teton Mountain Outfitters
Interested in more tips?
- We have tons. There is nothing more festive than taking a horse-drawn sleigh ride amongst thousands of elk at our National Elk Refuge.
- And though it is more complicated to get into the national parks, it's well worth the challenge. We recommend having a wildlife tour guide lead the way!
- Shopping in Jackson Hole is stellar. It's definitely worth at least half a day, especially with all the art galleries.
- You can always stop by one of our Visitor Centers to speak with an experienced agent. Have a wonderful time!