Position Description: Communications Manager
Reports to: CEO/President
Classification: Year Round/Full Time
The Communications Manager works with the CEO, and all other Directors to plan, execute and assist with all internal and external communications. They will write, edit, and manage the production of a full range of print and digital material to effectively achieve the strategic objectives and mission for the Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce.
They will be tasked with all Chamber outreach, board, and member communication via ECRM and other methods. They will schedule social media, digital media planning, PR and deliver creative content for the digital platforms. This position must stay in front of trending social media and technology updates as they pertain to the integration with communications strategies. They are responsible for web content including native, blog and media information. This position manages all domestic and international Public Relations efforts and works collaboratively with the Sales Director to create consistent messaging in all key markets. This position acts as the Public Information Officer for all Chamber of Commerce related events, is the liaison to community media, crisis, and other relevant communications groups.
- Scheduled E-Newsletters for Members (LowDown) and Visitors (New)
The Lowdown is a weekly e-newsletter that provides Chamber Members and partners with a convenient distillation of each week’s news and events from sources including the Chamber, State of Wyoming, Wyoming Chamber of Commerce Executives, and Chamber Members. This position will be responsible for developing new ECRM strategy that includes database management, segmentation, news content review, and delivery data.
- Media Relations, Releases, and Monitoring
The Chamber is involved with many events each month, from Mixers and Business Over Breakfast to annual legacy events such as the Jackson Hole Fall Arts Festival. This position crafts messaging around all these events in collaboration with the Special Events team. They will also be responsible for reviewing, growing and managing media lists to support proactive media work year round. Media Coverage is tracked and archived on a media database. Respond to all media requests and manages Media Fam requests.
- Website Content
Creating and updating jacksonholechamber.com website content, ensuring that content is accurate and timely. Working with Chamber staff to determine content. Update and maintain time sensitive material including seasonal changeover of website, and user-generated content where appropriate. Website functionality/consumer advocacy –reorganize content to improve information flow. Always watching for possible enhancements to the website. Writing, editing and proofreading web, social and press release content and following best management practices for SEO.(requires working with content management software.)
- Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest
Social media allows the Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce to connect with four groups: Chamber Members, community members, people who are interested in visiting or have already visited, and other chambers of commerce. This effort works to achieve new member recruitment and retention while encouraging visitors to patronize Chamber Member businesses and increase repeated trips. Update and respond to comments on Social Media including Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Compile and analyze community engagement, recommend changes in editorial policy and planning be aware of new technologies and trends.
- Calendars of Events Management The Chamber maintains one community calendar to provide a place for Members to advertise events and to draw traffic to the Chamber website. Chamber events are submitted to other local and regional calendars including the Jackson Hole News & Guide, Wyoming Travel and Tourism, Wyoming Public Radio. These highly visible locations demonstrate a variety of Chamber events and programs while attracting participation.
- Special Projects
The Chamber has a number of special projects every year. Examples include Membership Surveys (including the annual survey, summer employee shortage survey, and strategic plan survey), Explorer Magazine (help with editorial such as the welcome letter and area information), Crisis Communications (including natural disasters like wildfires, community response issues, and working with the PR/PIO Committee), Special Campaigns (including lodging tax campaign and the National Geographic World Legacy Award Nomination), U.S. Chamber of Commerce Accreditation, etc.
- Digital Photo, Video Collection, and Sharing.
- Represent the company at events, shows, and conferences
- Assist Sales & Special Events in times of groups, events, etc.
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Number of Total Reports: 0
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITY:
- Highly organized, pro-active and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, and adapt to change; attention to detail.
- Ecrm platform delivery and database experience.
- Champion of social media tools and technologies.
- Strong written communication skills
- Project management skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiasm for Jackson Hole, WY
Preferred/Helpful, not required
- Cision/Meltwater (or similar) media database experience helpful
- Video Filming/Production experience helpful
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, In Design, Photoshop and HTML preferred. Dreamweaver and Premiere are beneficial.
- Photography Skills/ Equipment helpful
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING: Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Communications or Business and 2 years of marketing experience preferred
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES: Office environment.vOutside work required including on-mountain skiing or snowboarding, activities, and travel
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. *Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job*