Jackson Hole Tourism Forecast
Forecasting for Business Success / Measuring Performance
Current DestiMetrics/Inntopia Reports
- October 31, 2017 - Executive Summary: Click here.
- October 31, 2017 - Retail Report: Click here.
- October 15, 2017 - Retail Report: Click here.
The premier provider of lodging performance benchmarking tools to mountain resorts throughout the western United States, DestiMetrics - a product line of Inntopia Business Intelligence - is a sophisticated lodging barometer that provides numbers specific to Jackson Hole. Community partners, including the participating lodging properties, have helped to make this tool available: Jackson Hole Central Reservations, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, and JH AIR. Special recognition goes to funding provided by the lodging tax via the Jackson Hole Travel & Tourism Joint Powers Board (4JH).
To find archived reports and an info sheet on how to interpret the retail reports, please click here.
An Eye on the Economy
The Jackson Hole Economic Dashboard is compiled by the Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce each month so that our Members can be aware of the numbers that effect business in Jackson Hole.
Jackson Hole Economic Dashboard
- Download the Economic Dashboard Updated October 30, 2017: Economic Dashboard
Jackson Hole Economic Dashboard Summary
- Teton County Lodging Tax for July 2017 was up by 16% as compared to July 2016 and up 14% as compared to July 2015.
- Sales & Use Tax Income for Teton County for August 2017 was down by 19% as compared to 2016 and down 20% as compared to August 2015. Sourece: revenue.wyo.gov.
- Unemployment rate for August 2017 was down by 0.6% as compared to August 2016 and down 0.8% as compared to August 2015.
- Visitation at Grand Teton National Park (GTNP) was down by 2% for September 2017 as compared to September 2016 and up 2% as compared to September 2015. GTNP visitation for January through September 2017 was up by 5% as compared to the same time periods in 2016 and 2015, respectively.
- Visitation at Yellowstone National Park (YNP) was down by 9% for September 2017 as compared to September 2016 and down 9% as compared to September 2015. YNP visitation for January through September 2017 was up by 3% as compared to the same time periods in 2016 and 2015, respectively.
- Visitation at the Jackson Hole & Greater Yellowstone Visitor Center (JH & GY VC) for September 2017 was down by 4% as compared to September 2016 and up 3% as compared to September 2015. JH & GY VC visitation for January through September 2017 was down by 2% and up 3% as compared to the same time periods in 2016 and 2015, respectively.
- Visitation at the Home Ranch Welcome Center for September 2017 had a total number of 16,752 visitors, with 107,672 total visitors from January to September 2017.
- Jackson Hole Airport Enplanements for September 2017 was down by 7% as compared to September 2016 and up by 51% as compared to September 2015. JH Airport Enplanements for January through September 2017 was up 10% as compared to the same time periods in 2016 and 2015, respectively.
- DestiMetrics Occupancy was up by 2% for September 2017 as compared to September 2016 and up 6% as compared to September 2015.
- DestiMetrics ADR was up 3% for September 2017 as compared to September 2016 and up 16% as compared to September 2015.
- Business Licenses Issued were down by 7% for September 2017 as compared to September 2016 and were down by 13% as compared to September 2015, respectively.
- Real Estate sales were down by 56% (# of sales) and down 47% ($ volume) for the 1rd quarter of 2017 as compared to the 1rd quarter of 2016, and down by 62% (# of sales) and down 52% ($ volume) as compared to the 1rd quarter of 2016.
The Dahsboard was published on October 30, 2017.
Wyoming Office of Tourism Resources
Travel is an Economic Engine for Wyoming: The Wyoming Office of Tourism recently released an economic report that shows why travel matters to Teton County. According to their report, domestic and international travelers spent $1.02 billion is Teton County and generated $54.8 million in state and local taxes. This tax revenue is used to support public infrastructure like streets and roads, education, fire and police protection, and many other public services in Teton County. To download the report, please click here: Economic Engine Report.
Visitation to Grand Teton National Park Generates Over 728 Million in Economic Benefit to Local Communities
April 21, 2016 - Visitors to Grand Teton National Park spent an estimated $560 million in local gateway communities last year. The ripple effects of that spending had a cumulative benefit to the local economy of over $728 million and supported 8,862 jobs in nearby communities such as Jackson, Teton Village, and Dubois, Wyoming as well as Victor and Driggs, Idaho. As it did in 2014, Grand Teton ranked among the top five national park areas in terms of economic benefit along with Blue Ridge Parkway, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Grand Canyon National Park, and Denali National Park & Preserve. For complete information, please click here.
Jackson Hole Conservation Alliance Effective Population Study
Summer 2013 - An Update of the 1993 Study Conducted by Summit Management Consulting on behalf of the Town of Jackson and Teton County, Wyoming. Download the PDF. The report defines Effective Population: "Effective population is defined as the population where people are found at a given point in time, as opposed to counting them only where they reside. Determining the effective population is essential for understanding the cumulative economic, social, and environmental impacts residents, workers, and visitors alike have on the community. Using the estimates from the effective population can help town and county staff, elected officials, and community organizations guide policies, revise land development regulations, and provide levels of service appropriate to the actual human population and ecosystem of Teton County."
Wyoming Department of Administration and Information, Economic Analysis Division: http://eadiv.state.wy.us/
Wyoming Labor Market Information: http://doe.state.wy.us/lmi
Wyoming At Work, Employment Resource: www.wyomingatwork.com
Wyoming Department of Revenue: http://revenue.state.wy.us/
Largest Employers in Jackson Hole: Download the PDF Info Sheet