Special Events Coordinator
Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce
Classification: Full-time, year-round with benefits
Reports to: Director of Events & Communications
You love helping people have fun! You are a great teammate who works well with others! You are organized, motivated, and have an infections positive attitude! You should join our Events Team!
In this role, you will assist the Director of Events & Communications in organizing and coordinating all aspects of the special events produced by the Chamber of Commerce: Old West Days, 4th of July Parade, Fall Arts Festival, JH Marathon, Town Square lighting, and much more. You will develop relationships with wonderful community/business partners, work with an amazing team of passionate people, and gain incredible event management experience.
Tell us about your previous experience with event coordination, your communication skills, ability to work under pressure to meet multiple deadlines, and how well you work with others. Share info about your bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. This is a full-time position with exceptional benefits.
The Special Events Coordinator assists in organizing and coordinating all aspects of special events produced by the Chamber of Commerce. The Special Events Coordinator is also responsible for scheduling & producing Board & Staff events, assisting in event promotion, new program development within each event, relationship building with community/business partners, advertising and collateral execution and delivery, sponsorship fulfillment, and event facilitation from start to finish.
- Special Event Duties
- Assist the Director of Events & Communications in planning & organizing all details of Signature Events, Community Events, and Networking Events produced by The Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce.
- Schedule and operate Chamber Mixers and Business Over Breakfasts.
- Schedule, facilitate, and manage Chamber Board and Staff Meetings. This includes managing agendas for monthly Chamber Board Meetings and arranging venues for Board Meetings and Board and Staff retreats.
- Work with Town of Jackson & Teton County staff to secure event permits and develop site layout.
- Assist with event setup, operation, and takedown.
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers for event days.
- Collaborate with the Director of Events, Special Events Committee, Town of Jackson, and others to evaluate Chamber-produced and creatively enhance events to ensure their reaching predetermined goals.
- Attend Special Events Committee Meetings and Sub-Committee Meetings.
- Manage calendar of events portal on jacksonholechamber.com and visitjacksonhole.com.
- Other Duties May Include
- Assisting other departments as needed.
- Planning volunteer appreciation events or programs.
- Assisting Operations Manager with Board & Staff events.
The Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce produces the following events each year:
- Old West Days (late May)
- Jackson Hole Marathon (last Saturday in September)
- Fall Arts Festival (mid September)
- Community Events
- Easter Egg Hunt on Town Square (Saturday before Easter)
- 4th of July Parade (July 4)
- Haunting of Jackson Hole
- Holiday Events including Town Square Lighting, Santa on the Square, and Small Business Saturdays (late November – December)
- Networking Events
- Annual Awards Celebration (late October)
- Business Over Breakfast (first Thursday of each month)
- Chamber Mixers (second & fourth Thursday of each month)
- Chamber Celebrations (Tuesdays as assigned)
- Board & Staff Events
- Monthly Chamber Board Meetings (fourth Wednesday of each month)
- Chamber Board Retreat (full-day scheduled in Spring)
- Chamber Staff Retreat (TBD)
Skills and aptitudes needed
- Education: Undergraduate degree in event management, business, marketing or related applicable field.
- Experience: 1-2 years of experience in events preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, written & verbal communication, ability to work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to deal effectively with the public, exceptional people skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, social media content creation, and database management programs.
- Passion for events and desire to be a meaningful part of the Jackson Hole community.
Submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Call 307-201-2309
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
Visitor Services Agent at the Jackson Hole and Greater Yellowstone Visitor Center, Administration Offices and Home Ranch Welcome Center.
Visitor Services Agents report to Lead Visitor Services Agent and Vice President. Assigned work will originate from the Vice President and CEO.
Provide complete informational services at all Visitor Center locations and assist with retail sales, including park passes at the Jackson Hole and Greater Yellowstone Visitors Center, maintain Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce brochure rack supply, and assist with brochure inventory.
- Meet & greet visitors at the Visitor Services locations and provide information on all Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce members as well as providing general information on the area and state.
- Maintaining brochure rack supplies and appearance, restocking as needed to keep a sufficient supply of materials on the floor at all times.
- Maintain order in the brochure inventory room.
- Receiving and recording brochure inventory
- Keeping Visitor Center desk and work area neat and organized
- Researching, recording and posting road and weather condition
- Operating the cash register and assisting with sales in the bookstore as needed
- Opening and Closing procedures
- Be able to perform additional duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge of Jackson Hole area
- Knowledge of Chamber of Commerce members, and ability to access their information
- Must enjoy contact with the public
- Ability to learn and retain information quickly
- Tactful and courteous behavior
- Ability to be flexible and patient
- Demonstrate communication skills
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce
260A West Broadway
PO Box 550
Jackson, WY 83001