There is no wedding better than one that takes place out west in Jackson Hole!
A perfect wedding destination, There are many reasons why celebrating in the mountains is memorable. Here are five to get you started:
- The famous jagged peaks of Grand Teton National Park can be your backdrop
- You and your guests can visit America's first national park - Yellowstone - full of geysers, bison, and even wolves!
- Dine at some of our many gourmet restaurants.
- Jackson is ranked in the top 5 art markets in the country. Stroll through our renowned art galleries.
- Get outside for some adventure! Whether Summer, Fall, Winter or Spring there's something for everyone.
- Choose from many iconic vistas to kiss the bride or throw the bouquet
With a multitude of lodging accommodations, nearby airports, and a bustling town with many resources from wedding planners to florists to cakemakers and jewelers, everything on the list leading up to “I Do” can happen from our western outpost!
MUST-DOS BEFORE THE WEDDING
If you're getting married in Jackson Hole, you have chosen one of the most beautiful settings in the world. Here are some details to help you plan the perfect wedding:
The marriage license must be issued in the State of Wyoming.
There is no waiting period, but both parties need to be present to sign the license. You may get your license in any Wyoming county, but be sure to bring it with you. To get your license in Jackson Hole, please visit the Teton County Administrative Building located at 220 South Willow Street. The office is open from 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday and is closed legal holidays.
A marriage license costs $30.00. For more information, please call 307.733.4430.
Two witnesses are required at the marriage ceremony. A marriage ceremony may be performed by a district judge, county judge, federal judge, court commissioner, Justice of the Peace, or by any licensed or ordained minister or bishop.
You may call the Teton County Clerk's office at 307.733.4430 for a complete list of people who will perform marriage ceremonies in the Jackson area.
Need more information? Explore our Explorer Magazine Travel Planner, which you can also explore electronically HERE. If you're already here, feel free to stop by one of our Visitor Centers where an experienced agent will be able to guide you in the right direction.