Best Sustainability Certification
The Chamber is making strides to become greener and can your business! The Jackson Hole Chamber’s BEST certification program recognizes sustainable leaders in the community. The Best certification hopes to inspire more Chamber members to do the same.
Jackson Hole, Grand Teton National Park, and Yellowstone National Park are home to some of the most unique wildlife in the United States - grizzly bears, moose, bison, pronghorn, wolves, and more. It is a privilege to have them as our neighbors and to be able to view them in awe. Many of Jackson Hole's wildlife tour companies believe this at their core.
Their commitment is seen in varying ways ranging from:
- Donating to organizations that help protect the crucial habitat.
- Serve breakfast and lunch - that is locally grown or made by local companies - on reusable plates with silverware.
- Purchase offsets to shrink their vans' carbon footprint. Some are 100% carbon neutral.
There is also formal accreditation:
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle (RRR) Business Leaders have been assessed and approved by the Teton County Integrated Solid Waste & Recylcing. This achievement recognizes a business's work towards a healthy, sustainable, economic bottom line, while contributing to the health of our community and environment.
- Business Emerald Sustainability Tier (BEST) Certification is awarded to businesses that are committed to environmental, social, and economic sustainability performance comparable to the highest global standards.
We applaud these businesses and thank them for their commitment to supporting this place we love so that you and future generations can see their first moose, grizzly bear, and bald eagle.
Read about the Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce's commitment to sustainability, including our BEST Certification, HERE.
We ask that on your visit to Jackson Hole you think about how you can support the wildlife and community. Read about Sustainable Tourism HERE.