Told by Mountain Bike the Tetons, a group of bike enthusiasts based in Teton Valley, Idaho
Welcome to the Tetons. We’re home to two states, two National Parks, a lifetime’s worth of winter snowsports, an incredible diversity of wildlife and hundreds of miles of pure, unadulterated, world-class singletrack! Stop by any one of 10 local bike shops for info on rentals, trail beta, bike parks and more or visit the Mountain Bike the Teton's website today. We’re excited to share these cherished backyard trails with you. Let’s ride!
We love our Teton trails & we hope you will too. Remember to follow some simple trail etiquette:
- Stay in control, pass safely, communicate with other trail users, control your dog, and remember that the climbing rider has the right-of-way.
- Don’t ride wet trails, don’t skid, and obey trail closures. Prevent erosion by avoiding cutting switchbacks, ride only marked trails, and if you pack it in, pack it out!
- Be sure to carry bear spray, let animals know you’re coming by making noise, and be aware of your surroundings.
- Make a plan, let someone know where you’re going, carry extra tools, water, food, and layers, and download the Backcountry SOS app in case of an emergency.
The following descriptions equate to the areas identified on the above map:
- Grand Targhee Resort - “The ‘Ghee” has it all. Fast and flowy XC trails for all abilities, world-class lift-access bike park trails, an IMBA Epic and everything in between.
Big Holes - A Teton Valley local favorite. Big climbs, big descents, deep valleys and lonely ridgetops with amazing views.
Southern/Valley trails - A beginner / intermediate trail network for everyone. Excellent out-and-back and loop ride opportunities minutes from downtown Victor, Idaho. (Mileage will nearly double in 2020).
Teton Pass - Containing some of the first mountain bike specific trails on National Forest land in the US and vision of the legendary Teton Freedom Riders. Expert-level freeride and jump trails mixed with pure, unadulterated rocky mountain singletrack.
The Palisades - Backcountry at its best and most raw. Self-sufficiency here is critical as these trails are truly remote. Carry a map. Bring a friend. Plan to be out longer than you think..
Munger Mountain - A little something for everyone. Excellent riding amongst fall colors and distant bugling elk. Great loop ride opportunities.
Snow King/Cache Creek - The definition of backyard trails. Access this legendary network from nearly a dozen different trailheads in Jackson. Pedal after your ride to three different breweries or right back to your front door.
Jackson Hole Mountain Resort - A growing lift-access bike park with outstanding views and trailside hotels and restaurants. (local tip: Summertime Friday evenings are the time to be here!).
Many thanks to Mountain Bike the Tetons whose mission is to enhance recreational & economic opportunities for the Teton region through development of our mountain biking resources. They are an official chapter of the International Mountain Bicycling Association (IMBA) but operates under our own organization’s 501c(3) status.
*Photo by Jay Goodrich.