Saying "I do" in front of 300 guests or just two both come with a few things "to do" before the big day—and the first one is one of the most important, the marriage license. 


Call 307-733-4430 to make an appointment before coming with the Teton County Clerk's Office. Only the couple needs to be present to obtain the marriage license. As getting married in Jackson Hole is a dream wedding destination for many, the popularity does require couples to think about scheduling their appointments with the clerk's office. The office is located in the basement of the County Administration Building and is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (excluding legal holidays). You can reach them directly at 307-733-4430 if you have any questions. 


To obtain a marriage license in Wyoming, couples must appear in person, be 18 or older, and present a picture ID - Driver's License, Passport, Military ID, or School ID. If you are 16 or 17, you are required to have a signed written consent of the father, mother, guardian, or person having the care and control of the minor. The written consent shall be proved by the testimony of at least one competent witness. A judge's court order is required if you are 15 or younger.


Couples should complete a Marriage License Questionnaire (PDF) and bring it and their photo ID to the County Clerk's Office to obtain a Marriage License. 


  • You will both be asked to give your:
  • Full legal name
  • Current Residential Address
  • State or Foreign Country of Birth
  • Date of Birth
  • Race/Ethnicity
  • Social security number
  • Father's first, middle, and last name, and the state or foreign country he was born
  • Mother's first, middle, and maiden last name, and the state or foreign country she was born
  • Divorce Date and State, if applicable, we do not require documentation
  • License Fee


The License fee is $30, payable by cash, check, debit, or credit card (a $1.50 service fee will apply if using a card). Visa, MasterCard, and Discover cards are accepted. 


There is no waiting period in Wyoming, and blood tests are not required in Wyoming. A Wyoming marriage license can only be used in the State of Wyoming. The application expires one year from the date of issuance.  


Marriage ceremonies are not performed at the clerk's office or the courthouse. 


You must make your own arrangements to have an Officiant perform your ceremony. View a list of local officiants (PDF). If you are bringing someone with you to perform your ceremony, that's okay!  


The clerk's office does not require documentation regarding your officiant's credentials, but they must qualify by statute:


Who may solemnize marriage; form of ceremony per Wyoming State Statute 20-1-106: 

(a) Every district or circuit court judge, district court commissioner, supreme court justice, magistrate, and every licensed or ordained minister of the gospel, bishop, priest or rabbi, or other qualified person acting in accordance with the traditions or rites for the solemnization of marriage of any religion, denomination or religious society, may perform the ceremony of marriage in this state.


(b) In the solemnization of marriage no particular form is required, except that the parties shall solemnly declare in the presence of the person performing the ceremony and at least two (2) attending witnesses that they take each other as husband and wife.

We do not perform ceremonies at our office. You must have a ceremony after receiving your license.


Certified copies of a marriage license are typically needed when changing a name, adding someone to your insurance, etc. Certified copies are issued by Wyoming Vital Statistics Services. Please visit their website for more information:     


Popular wedding locations include Grand Teton National Park, Snake River Ranch, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Grand Targhee, Snow King Resort, Hotel Jackson, Diamond Cross Ranch, Jackson Hole Golf and Tennis, Spring Creek Ranch, Amangani, National Museum of Wildlife Art, Moosecreek, Inn on the Creek and Bentwood Inn.


For those in hopes of using the Wedding Tree (, a few things to consider:


The Wedding Tree is located in the Bridger-Teton National Forest in the Jackson Ranger District within the Gros Ventre River drainage. The tree is located a short 5-minute walk towards the Tetons from the small parking lot and provides a spectacular view of the Teton Range. While this location has no address, the Wedding Tree is located about five miles east of Kelly, WY, on Gros Ventre Rd. It is easy to miss, but as you head upstream along the Gros Ventre Road, there is a pull-off on the right-hand side that can accommodate 5-7 cars.


Scheduling and management of the Wedding Tree is now handled by our partner organization, Friends of the Bridger-Teton, who will provide additional resources to protect and preserve this site. Anyone wishing to use the site must sign a detailed operating plan, agree to abide by all rules and regulations, and pay a processing fee of $200. The funds collected through the implementation of a processing fee will be put toward activities and future improvement projects directly benefiting users of the Wedding Tree. Regular site clean-up and maintenance, construction of a permanent platform structure, and/or installation of a vault toilet are examples of activities and projects being considered.


To schedule your event at the Wedding Tree, please visit the Friends of the Bridger-Teton website.


There are no services or stores in the Forest up the Gros Ventre Road, so if you go out to this area, be prepared with a full tank of gas, water, food, and provisions. Cellular phone service is not guaranteed. The road is passable but rough in places.